Backyard Home Theater Systems
May 3, 2017 by Donnamarie Chaimanis
Tips for the Best Outdoor Theaters
- Invite your neighbors, or at least inform them that there will be life size images in your backyard and maybe some extra noise.
- Do not charge admission without permission of the movie distributor. Though tempting, it is against the law. See your local regulations.
- Backyard events will be best if started around dusk (just like at the drive-in).
- Keep power cords out of the way as much as possible.
- Beware of inclement weather.
- Keep electronics away from pools, BBQs and your neighbor’s dog.
- Turn off your sprinkler system before setting up.
- Remember: your projector is not a coaster
- Consult your projector owner’s manual for specifications on outdoor use.